Katy Kat Collection Review

Sunday, September 04, 2016




I recently got an opportunity to try out Katy Kat Collection: the full size of Katy Kat Eye Mascara in Very Black and the full size of Katy Kat Matte Lipstick in Maroon Meow. Please note that I was given these product for free to give my honest opinion.

Some Facts about the products 
 Katy Kat Matte is COVERGIRL’s first demi-matte lipstick by Katy Perry. But that’s not all! Here’s what other Katy Kats may want to know:
  • There are 11 highly pigmented colours to choose from: Sphynx, Pink Paws, Magenta Minx, Coral Cat, Crimson Cat, Cat Call, Kitty Purry, Cosmo Kitty, Maroon Meow, Catoure and Perry Panther
  • Each is infused with nourishing butters such as shea
  • A soft finish and creamy feel help the lipstick glide on smoothly
  • It’s not dry or dragging on your lips
  • They retail for $10.99 at drugstores


There’s the cat eye. Then there’s the Katy Kat Eye. In addition to 360° All-Day Cat Eye, this is what makes Katy’s mascaras so Bzzable:
  • The 360° Sculpting Brush sweeps lashes up and out
  • They don’t flake, smear or smudge
  • Perry Blue delivers 10X Volume + Fullness (plus, it’s the first-ever electric blue mascara by COVERGIRL!)
  • Very Black, Black and Waterproof Black deliver 10X Volume + Darkness
  • Each retails for $10.99 at drugstores









Lets start with the lipstick - I am a huge fan of dark matte lipsticks but this lipstick is not only matte but does not dry the lips which is awesome, It feel like a lip balm on the lip. I have been wearing this for two months and I have been get compliments that the colour is a great colour on me. When it comes to drugstore makeup, I usually shop at Wal-Mart - and it is currently in rollback at $6.97, which is great because I am almost done and going to purchase it soon.  I will definitely recommend this to my family and friends. Thank you BzzAgent, Cover Girl and Katy Perry for giving me the opportunity to try this product out.

wearing Katy Kat matte lipstick in maroon meow 

Now for Katy Kat Eye Mascara in Very Black -I was given the option to choose the black or blue mascara, but ended up choosing the black. Like how I mentioned in my previous mascara review,  every time I yawn my eyes get watery and it looks like I was crying therefore I wear minimum eye makeup - usually just eyeliner so I can avoid looking like a raccoon.  Like the lipstick, a lot of my friends noticed the mascara and were giving compliments. I usually put one coat of mascara and it makes a huge difference. I don't put more coats because it tends to be clumpy on my eyelashes. I probably won't buy it, because I only wear mascara for parties and events. However I will definitely recommend this to my family and friends. Thank you BzzAgent, Cover Girl and Katy Perry for giving me the opportunity to try this product out.

Only mascara, no other eye makeup



How to Apply the Katy Kat Collection

To apply Katy Kat Eye Mascara:
  1. Hold the brush as close as possible to the base of your lashes
  2. Wiggle the 360° Sculpting Brush upward through lashes towards the ends
  3. Add two or three extra coats for a more dramatic look
  4. Use with LiquilineBlast eyeliner to complete your cat eye look!
To apply Katy Kat Matte Lipstick:
  1. Start with clean, bare lips, then apply lip balm to create a smooth base
  2. Define the shape of your lips with a concealer, like TruBlend FixStick
  3. Fill in your lips with lip liner, like COVERGIRL Lip Perfection
  4. Apply lipstick either straight from the tube or with a lip brush. Blot, then reapply for a gorgeous, full colour lip look




Please note that the products mentioned above were sent to me by BzzAgent to try out and give my honest opinion. 
If you get a chance to try out the product - leave a comment below



You Might Also Like

0 comments

© THAT AWESOME BROWN GIRL. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Created with flickr badge.

Subscribe