Travel Diaries: France 2016

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Heyy guys !!! Can't believe this is my first September that im not going back to school ( mixed feelings right now) anyways in June( which has passed), my oldest cousin got married and my whole family went to Paris for the wedding. The last time I went to France was when I was 3 years old but I have no memory of it, so technically this is my first time where I am going to remember. My family only stayed for one week because of me since I midterms the following week, whereas the rest of my relatives went to London ( not fair, but one day I will go there )  Seriously don't go to Europe for one week, you will be exhausted- trust me when I say that. The one week we were there it was raining, but the rain didn't stop us from seeing famous landmarks. Before seeing the landmarks, my mom wanted to go to Lourdes to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes and made us bathe in the holy water. So when we landed in Paris, we stayed the night at my uncle house and left to Lourdes the morning.







The whole train ride from Paris to Lourdes my family was sleeping, the jet lag hit us hard.






The view from the Station of the Cross ( Way of the Cross)

after walking the station of the cross - i saw these flowers - aren't they beautiful 

A Hotel near the church - isn't it beautiful 

We stayed in Lourdes for 2 days.When we returned to Paris, we started helping out in the wedding. My family started making the rich cake boxes ( aka fruit cake with icing on the top - a cake usually given in tamil Christian weddings) and ended up having 500 boxes in 2 or 2.5 hours, after that all of the cousins decided to see the famous landmarks and in the last minute my mom also tagged along. 


We started at the Notre Dame, walked to Hotel de Ville (City Hall) and took the subway to Sacre-Coeur (White Church) then took the subway to Arc de Triomphe, again took the subway to Eiffel Tower - we did all of this in 6-8 hours with no lunch break plus it raining on and off 
















The next day was the wedding ( civil wedding) 


Wedding went from 11am to 5am the next day and my flight was at 8am - so basically slept on the flight - but man was I exhausted - but it was an experience. Moral of the story - don't book the return flight so early the day after the wedding.



  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© THAT AWESOME BROWN GIRL. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Created with flickr badge.

Subscribe