A New Year, a new beginning - a Look back at 2016

Saturday, December 31, 2016






In a few more hours,  2016 will be the yesterday and 2017 will be now. This year flew by soo fast. I wanted to reflect what I have accomplish and the events that happened in the year 2016, so here it goes:

January 2016 




I started the Project 365 challenge - where I posted a photo everyday for one year on my photography Instagram 




I collaborated with Harija ( My Lyfe; My Story )

To See the Post and Photos - Click Here

February 2016 


A photo posted by Diana (@timelesswingsphotography) on

Went to the Ice Festival at Yorkville for the first time 

March 2016 


A photo posted by Diana (@dianacreationz) on

When I got the notification that Suriya Sivakumar (my fav tamil actor ) liked my post on twitter


April 2016 


When I got a reply back from Madhavan on twitter

May 2016 

Went to a friend's funeral - she was only 24 years old


Started my placement at a law firm




Traveled to Buffalo - to Our Lady of Fatima Shrine


June 2016 




Kept my promise to my cousins and travelled to France for one week


July 2016 

A photo posted by Diana (@timelesswingsphotography) on

Went to my first Blue Jay game at the Rogers Centre


Collabrated with Harija (My Lyfe ; My Story) and Fashion Weekly for a Photoshoot
To see all the photos - Click Here


August 2016 



Completed my graduate certificate and finished my placement
(now have to wait for graduation in 2017 )



Went to the CNE for the first time

September 2016

Marked the day I lived on this earth for a quarter of a century

October 2016

Got hired

November 2016 

Submitted my licensing application

&


Went to a Wear Blame PopUp Shop event - my first social event
(again thanks for inviting me Harija)

December 2016 

Went to a club for a Work Christmas party - for the first time

&

A photo posted by Diana (@timelesswingsphotography) on

Did my third photoshoot and final photoshoot for the year

_____________________________________________________________

2016 had its ups and downs, I'm not going to lie - lots of laughter, sadness and stress but this was the year where I said yes to adventures and events and now looking back I am happy I did.

For me its not the branded and expensive named clothes or handbags but the memories from adventures - I was a person who was lazy to do anything and made up excuses so I wouldn't have to do anything and I am now proud to say that I am still lazy but I stopped making excuses and got out more and said yes more.

Instead of wishing to do more, I took action this year especially in my photography.

My photography Instagram has grown so much - in the sense that when I post a photo I get 50+ within 2 hours of posting it, some of you might get more than that which is fine - but for me thats amazing because I started from the bottom - I might not have that many followers and I am okay with that - but for the individual who are - I am so grateful for the support you guys show me,  so thank you from the bottom of my heart.
And the Project 365 challenge - I posted 300 out of 365 which is good even though I cheated by posting throwback when I had midterms/exams  :(  however overall I am happy I took this challenge

2017 Resolution 


Im not going to say lose weight or go to the gym - because we all know that is not going to happen.
So for the 2017 - I want to accomplish - so that I am held accountable :

1. Pass my licensing exam 
2. Collaborated with more people, do more than 3 photoshoots and grow my photography brand 
3. To learn something new - either a new language or going to a cooking class during the weekend, or anything else ( doesn't have to be for the full year, maybe for a couple months)
4. Go on mini adventures in the city and try new things - all within the budget 
5. To relax more and stress less 
6. This goal - is a long term goal - but it doesn't have to start in 2017 - is to create a business 

So I hope you guys and ladies reading this post have an awesome and safe new year!! Let me know in the comment section what is your 2017 resolutions are.

Take care, 





You Might Also Like

1 comments

© THAT AWESOME BROWN GIRL. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Created with flickr badge.

Subscribe