Chick Advisor - Maybelline New York Makeup Review

Friday, June 02, 2017


Hey I know its been a while - but the most important thing is that I am back with a new post. 
This is my review for 2017 and my first box from ChickAdvisor. I am so excited for the opportunity to try out the new Maybelline collection. For someone like me who only wears makeup on special occasions, I was so excited to get the email that I was selected to try it out.I was given the opportunity to try out the Dream Cushion Fresh Face Liquid Foundation, Dream brightening creamy concealer, Face studio master Camo colour correcting kit, Face studio probing liquid illuminating highlighter and lastly the 24k Nudes Eyeshadow palette. 
I was given the chance to try the products mentioned above for free and to give my honest opinion.

I had the opportunity to try out Dream cushion liquid foundation ( #55 caramel). I have a deep complexion, so for drugstore foundation, it is usually a miss situation because its either too light or it is too dark and unfortunately the foundation I received was a little light for my skin tone. Other than that I love the compact packaging and I love how light weight it feels on my skin - the product does move so after you apply the foundation make sure to use a setting powder and its at an affordable price.

I had the opportunity to try out Facestudio Master Camo Colour Correcting Kit ( #300 Deep). Out of all the products I received - I was most excited for this product. This was my first time trying out colour correcting product and I absolutely love it. The orange correct one ( bottom left side)- make my dark circles go away and I love it and the darker conceal ( bottom center) was a perfect match to my skin tone and it blends really well- it great to find affordable ones that do wonders to the face. 

 I had the opportunity to try out Face studio Master Strobing Liquid Illuminating Highlighter ( #300 Deep/ Gold). I absolutely love how extremely pigmented ( the gold is popping) and that it shows on my skin tone ( I have a deep complexion) - and a little goes a long way. Seriously all you need is half of a pea. I have tried a lot of hightlighter and this one is now my favourite. This product is definitely worth every penny.
 I had the opportunity to try out Brightening Creamy Concealer( #60 Deep). I am not a fan of the sparkly finish - other than that  I love how it brightens my under eye area and that its in a form of a stick which makes applying it easier.

I had the opportunity to try out the 24k Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. I love the compact packaging and colours of the palette( all the colours are wearable). The light colours in the palette are not that pigmented so you have to build up the product - especially if you have deep skin tones like me. The dark shades are opposite and are very pigmented. Out of the 12  shades - only 3 of them are matte and the rest is sparkly. I love the fact that there are different shades of gold ( 3 shades) - which is my go-to colour in eyeshadow palette


Please note that the products mentioned above were sent to me by Chick Advisor to try out and give my honest opinion. 

If you get a chance to try out the product, I would to know what you guys think - just leave a comment below


You Might Also Like

0 comments

© THAT AWESOME BROWN GIRL. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Created with flickr badge.

Subscribe